Italy America Chamber of Commerce & SASSAIA: Italian Restaurant Week
Event Dates: June 2nd – 9th 2017
Highlights: Social Media
- Based on OpenTable reservations the event generated well over $37,000 and an average of $750 for each participant.
- By the end of IRW, we gained 266 followers on Instagram and 456 followers on Facebook.
- We posted 67 times on Instagram and 65 times on Facebook.
- Facebook reached 725,968 users (this figure combines paid Facebook ads plus regular Facebook posts. Facebook doesn’t give a way to break it out separately).
- Facebook posts had a total of 5,486 engagements (2,417 post likes, 176 comments on posts and 2,893 post shares).
- The high number of post shares is a great sign of how engaging the event and content was for users on Facebook. Many of the comments are also post shares because the comment is a user tagging someone’s name to show them the post.
- There were 4,844 clicks to the website from Facebook posts.
- We received 3,824 likes on Instagram posts, averaging 57 likes per post.
- Facebook Fans
- 73% female, 27% male
- 26% were 35-44, 26% were 45-54, 22% were 25.34
- 62% female, 38% male
- 25-34 age range is the largest part of Instagram fans
- Facebook Fans
Google Adword Express Paid Advertising by SASSAIA:
Paid Social Advertising by SASSAIA:
- We ran a IRW branding campaign on Facebook and Instagram from the beginning of May to the end of IRW.
- Impressions: 404,988
- Link clicks: 5,132
- Impressions: 268,591
- Link clicks: 183
- Impressions: 15,361
- Link Clicks: 388
|(Includes results from paid campaigns)|
|Total Post Engagements||5,486|
See Restaurant Results & Demographics on following page.
ltaly America Chamber of Commerce & SASSALA
Covers Per Reso
Total Online Reservations
Estimated Restaurant Revenue
The IACC SASSAIA event in collaboration with OpenTable generated over 950 diners in NY alone which created over $37,000 in revenue for participating restaurants.
Demographics Data Continued following page.
|Date Range||May 5 – June 11|
|Likes Per Post||57|
BELOW SEE RECOMENDATIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
Recommendations for Future IRW
- Timing & Preparation
- Have a developed list of restaurants 60 days prior to the event in order to build out graphics
- Graphics provided to all restaurants 30 days before event starts. This will give them time to post on their own social channels and promote to their fans
- Requirements from Restaurants
- High-resolution logo
- Interior photos of each restaurant
- Photos of food – More photos of the high-quality type of food offered during IRW would produce even higher engagement and interest from users
- Prix fixe menu options – We saw several comments from users who wanted to see exactly what the prix fixe menu would be before they made a reservation. Having this would give us more content to post as well as encourage more reservations
- Engagement with Food Influencers
- Start reaching out to food influencers in the area 30-45 days before event starts